Sunday 2 May 2010

Swimming with the whole clan

My eldest son Teia has decided in his infinite wisdom that Sundays should be a family day. In the spirit of this idea we all went swimming today .Swimming is the enjoyable part. Getting changed is chaos and enough to send me over the edge. No wonder I haven’t done it in ages. Having enjoyed a lovely swim including novelties such as slides, waves and fountains, it was time to run the gauntlet of the changing rooms. I found myself in a family changing room which was 1 meter square. Not sure what size family are supposed to fit inside but it was a squeeze for my little family of 4. So imagine this, I was in a tiny changing room with both boys and Gav. We were cheek by jowl. Luca was screaming and tried to escape by crawling under the door. Whilst Teia kept opening and shutting it, guillotine fashion. Gavin and I bickered and tried to get dressed, using wet towels and cross words we just about did it .It was hideous!

However the middle bit justified the end. The boys had a lovely time and luckily I don't have much dignity left. So when I stood up in the pool and my padded swimming costume was half down my body, I simply pulled the padded bits up to where they were supposed to be. Unfortunately the pulling action turned the costume into a thigh-high- number and exposed more than a few short and curlies. At this point I did not recoil in a humiliated fashion. No far from it... instead I glanced around to see if anyone was watching, satisfied myself that although the gaff was heaving no one was staring at me and proceeded to tuck the offending fleece back from whence it came. I think I need a bigger costume but I just don't want to admit I am getting fatter when I am not even pregnant.


No comments:

Post a Comment