Monday 10 May 2010

Standards

In July I will be having an operation . The old biddy that I am ... I will be having me bunionette fixed and will be in bandages, plaster and using crutches for 6 weeks. Think “The mummy returns.” I was gonna pass on the op but that would be the beginning of the end. What would I “let go” of next... grow a beard and hairy chest, not wear mascara... No methinks not... have to keep some standards even if they are low.

Speaking of standards, my cleaner came today for her 2nd visit. I found that the cleaner- high is not restricted to during and after the fix. There is actually a pre fix high and I would say it lasts approximately 3 days. It’s basically re adjusting my standards and tolerance of mess. Since Friday instead of hoovering and cleaning every night , I have merely picked up toys , when thoughts of hoovering entered my mind I quickly counteracted them with “no--- pea chill your boots, don't bother because the cleaner is coming on Monday.” Boy , that thought process felt good and my limbs appreciated not having to do a full work out. Are my standards slipping or is this normal behaviour. Meaning that the cleaning ritual that I used to do every night was part of my existing neurosis? Whatever... at least I am getting better.

The cleaner has done another lovely job. I think I am falling in love with her. Don’t think she’d have me though... too much baggage and she probably thinks I am lazy cow, who is defo passed her prime... she wouldn't be wrong re the last point.

This is the good life. I think the days of stepping on , or even worse kneeling on a piece of lego have finally passed.Horay!

No comments:

Post a Comment