Sunday 23 May 2010

Bog Roll

What an amazing weekend. Sunshining ..just the day to visit my new next door neighbours for a BBQ. Delightful, kicking back enjoying the sun , panama hat on and sipping Pimms No 1. My neighbours are lovely and today was the first official visit for the boys.So it was imperative to be perfect house guests. Picture this 29degrees in a beautiful English Garden with lovely company. Conversation was flowing as was the Pimms (with all the trmmings)... Gav disappears and then reappears from a visit to the loo. He was brandishing approximately 15 squares of crumpled up loo roll he put the white mass on the table . My observation was confirmed when Gav said proudly “ Look I found this on the floor in the toilet, it hasn’t been used , I thought we could use it later.” What the hell.... Is he on drugs... Is it it me or is it a complete NO NO to salvage loo roll for later...never mind putting it on a dinner table. Faux pas is an under statement.. I thought we were going to be shown the door, right there and then. Luckily our neighbours are so sweet and polite they went along with whole “waste not want not” motto.
This blunder was the second embarrassment in 2 days. Yesterday he went on hunter gatherer mission and came back with Jamaican BBQ. Hehappened to roll up in car with the rusting heap of junk , just as my neighbours were saying good bye to guests.The thing is massive a real eyesore, the whole street must have seen him lumbering it in. It is Made from 2 oil barrels (they look like oil barrels) that have been soldered together. The top even had a chimney.. think red neck .. "Deliverance" and your on the right track... I half expected a body to be inside it. Not only is it enormous but it is also rusty, I pointed this out to Gav and he happily replied "I know, don't worry, I have an idea, I am gonna paint it." With a crumpled up face I retort "WHAT, " all I could imagine was the rusty eyesore being replaced with big black eyesore and I don't want either. Reading my mind Gav said " Yeh, I am gonna paint it red , gold and green."

Am I kill joy, no don't answer that. Maybe in years to come my boys will laugh and joke about their eccentric dad , who would turn rubbish into useful objects. Maybe I should chill and see interesting side instead of being so annoyed. Maybe Gav is totally cool and I should should try and understand instead of criticize. Yeh, Yeh I need to try and be a better person.. Will work on it!




No comments:

Post a Comment