Thursday 6 May 2010

General Election

Today I candidly asked my man who he would be voting for, he replied “BNP,” OK I thought he is entitled to his opinion even when it is completely WRONG. I continue to talk in a calm and candid fashion “really?” I say... he replies “Yeh, they are not racist you know.” At this point I could have totally blown a blood vessel but I astounded myself by accepting his decision and remained calm, WEIRD ... Have I grown up ? Have I overcome/outgrown my Irish Temper? What ever has happened -- I like it .
Gav and I proceeded to take the boys and Noodle to Hayes Village hall to cast our votes.Teia was totally confused by the experience. He couldn’t understand why we were walking the streets after sunset “isn’t it dark mummy, is it bedtime mummy, where are we going mummy?” Poor kid he lives a sheltered life.
On arrival ...the queue was long and trailed out of hall. When casting my vote I had a nasty flash back , to a sports hall somewhere in Streatham, where I sat my GCSEs.
On the way home I asked Gav “who did you vote for?” with a wry smile he answered “Liberal democrats.”
Phew , he is still the liberal minded man I fell in love with and he has a playful sense of humour to boot.
And look at me all grown up and able to contain my disdain , maybe I should be a politician.

No comments:

Post a Comment