Thursday 6 May 2010

Loosing me mojo

Every month a strange phenomenon occurs. I change from a tolerant , energetic and sane human being into lethargic, cake eating , misery guts with the fuse that can lit at a glance.I would call it pre menstrual tension but it isn’t necessarily pre it can also be post menstrual. Wat be going on wid me hormones, man??? I even get spots . It is totally like being a teenager but without the luxury of being able to navel gaze in bedroom whilst listening to OK Computer. This monthly loss of zeal and exuberance is crippling. The normal me can run a marathon, clean Buckingham palace and solve Zimababwe’s hyper inflation all in one afternoon. Come evening and I will attend the opening of an envelope and will be queen of the ball, high fiving myself , musing “looking good giirl... Still got it.”
The period me is at polar opposites with the above description...instead I am a weak and pathetic human being who can’t even cook a fishfinger without burning it.Going out would be like pulling teeth and I would rather pour hot oil into my eyeballs than dress up and socialize. Feeling uncomfortable in my own skin all I see is a stroppy Miss Piggy .
I call this drama “loosing me mojo.”


No comments:

Post a Comment