Tuesday 11 May 2010

Computer induced tantrum

My eldest son Teia has been so good recently but tonight there was huge fall out, it was a return the raging tantrums he used to have . It happened when I collected him from a play date and asked him to end his turn on the computer. Heaven forbid I should dare to request such a thing. A long tantrum followed. His reign of terror went on for approx 90 minutes. I didn’t lose it, so proud of myself. Teia even pretended to leave home . It was an ill thought out plan as he left the house with no shoes on and had to hobble instead of strut away from the house.It was a pitiful yet funny site.

After a few minutes he returned to loving yet flat bosom of his mother, ME. Where I lambasted him briefly before trying to put him to bed. Finally he calmed down and we shared a moment of piece, just as daddy came to sing him a song... the final part of his punishment!

I think video games are evil. They were the reason for his tantrum. Maybe I should expose him to video games more often, so that he can learn to "step away from the " computer in a gracious fashion. Nah ... I just don't think it is healthy to encourage an obsession with a visual display unit!

No comments:

Post a Comment