Thursday 26 August 2010

Lettuce

Oh boy , this sedentary summer has lead to some serious excess weight on my ass and trunk. I got some serious belly rolls going on. Reacting to this weight gain, I have been looking at gym membership and intend to join in October. In the mean time I have been laying of the bread , as to avoid the carb face .My face is large at moment and I used to have a neck but that's on its way out too. Other changes to marathon eating means laying off the kids left overs. Gone are the days of cooking a dozen fishfingers for the kids lunch and then eating 10 plus my own grown feast. Tis no wonder I am a fat mo fo.
Replaced bread and cheese with a whole lot of salad. Bowls and bowls of the stuff. On Sunday I got through about half a dozen just before dinner . Dinner was, you guessed it , an even bigger bowl of salad. Whilst enjoying dinnner,my eldest son looked at me and said "Mummy you eat so much salad," I thought about an extended code response, " why yes Teia,I eat salad because it is good for you, did you know that lettuce leaves are a excellent source of vitamin B . Vitamin B is great because it helps us stay happy."Almost immediately he turned away with an obviuos knowing smile. I knew some smart alec response was due to follow. He seemed to hesitate before he spoke and then there was a clear sod it attitude when he said " Oh that is strange mummy because you are always so grumpy."


No comments:

Post a Comment