Friday 30 April 2010

Caught out

How many times have you been caught out? I am caught out at least once a week. Whether it be saying I hate a particular name and insisting it is the name of a scum bag oik, only to find out it’s the name of my new acquaintance’s daughter or son .

Or what about when I am having an off day and feel like the devil in human form and the kids are mummy'n me to death. I slip round a corner , for a sneaky expletive , thinking I am out of ear shot...I mutter a beautifully gratifying “shut up “ or maybe even a “f**k off.” Only to hear my eldest son say “I heard that ." Funny how he hears that but doesn't hear my requests to "put your uniform on, don't squirt that water pistol, please don't garrote your little brother."

It is on this basis that I totally empathize with Mr Brown. He is running for Prime Minister . He is not claiming to be a saint. He is human.I understand his off the cuff remark. Poor bloke was caught out by the idiot , genius , devilish prankster who left the microphone on. Where is that dude anyway, has he been sacked or promoted!

No comments:

Post a Comment